Writing Copy that Converts is Huge
When it comes to your website, writing compelling copy that converts can make all the difference. In case you didn’t know: the copy on your website, is just as, if not more, important than the design. Aesthetics can absolutely bring potential clients and customers to you, but what you give them to read is what will make them more likely to book your service or purchase your product. So what do you need to do to improve your copy and boost your conversion rate?
Let Me Introduce You to StoryBrand
Story Brand is a framework created by Donald Miller that helps you “clarify your message and grow your business.” They offer a plethora of resources from free video series to books to courses and live workshops on their website to help you do both. The best resource I’ve personally utilized is Donald’s book, Building a StoryBrand. If you haven’t read this book, I highly suggest you get your hands on it. The information inside is priceless, but for now, I’ll give you a brief overview.
Building A StoryBrand
The book first takes you through how so many companies fail by not letting their customer know how their offer will help them succeed and not explaining their offer clearly enough. Then Donald explains how twisting your marketing and messaging into a story can help and the formula on how to do so:
- A Character (you’re not the hero in this story—your customer is)
- Has A Problem (solve not only your customer’s external problems, but also their internal ones)
- And Meets A Guide (you!)
- Who Gives Them A Plan (building trust with your customer)
- And Calls Them To Action (you’ve gotta actually encourage the action)
- That Helps Them Avoid Failure (no one wants to ever fail)
- And Ends In A Success (how their life can change because of you)
Once you have a clear understanding of the framework, then Donald walks you through how to start implementing it into your brand. I’m telling you, this book is a game-changer and EVERY business owner should read it.